Kathleen Ranahan, MBA
Kathleen’s expertise is derived from 20+ years of Business Operations, Sales / Marketing and Human Resources background, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. Her knowledge base encompasses Business and Organizational Development, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Recruitment and the proven ability to assist with the growth and development of individuals or corporations.
Her background has afforded her the diversity of working with all levels within an organization. Kathleen has had significant experience with senior leadership including CEO’s, CFO’s CIO’s and COO’s to align the corporate philosophies with departmental and branch operations.
Client sectors have included financial services, insurance, high tech, biotech pharmaceutical settings. A sample of her corporate clients include: Lincoln Financial, Chicago Title and Trust, Nationwide Insurance, MetLife, Glaxo SmithKline, Alaris Medical Systems, Instromedix, Monster.com, and Workgroup Technology.
Kathleen earned her Master’s in Business (MBA) from Keller Graduate school of Management in Chicago, and her BA in Organizational Management from Concordia University in Chicago. She completed the Situational Leadership® training through the Center for Leadership Studies in San Diego. Kathleen is a Certified Life Purpose© and Career Coach through the Life Purpose Institute in San Diego. She was awarded her Certificate of Completion for Charting for Change Workshop through Human Synergistics® International in Detroit.
Business Consulting Projects
- Support leadership development initiatives and equip individuals with the tools and knowledge they need to self manage, develop change resiliency and drive the growth and profitability of their organization
- Serve as a business coach for management and employees on employer / employee relations including coaching on performance, communication, mediation and problem solving
- Implemented strategies for succession planning in order to retain key people and to optimize the company’s Human Capital asset
- Designed management training curriculum to develop the core competencies of leadership, focusing on improving delegation skills, time management, hiring practices, productivity, and conflict resolution
- Design and implementation of integrated strategies to improve processes for attracting, training, retaining and utilizing people with the required skills and aptitude to meet current and future business needs in order to increase workplace productivity
- Experience with Change Management initiatives focused on aligning new roles and responsibilities and enhancing training and communication efforts
- Develop and implement strategies associated with the performance management, career development and succession planning to retain key people to optimize the human capital asset
- HR Operations includes large scale recruitment initiatives, employee relations, policy and procedure compliance, compensation / benefit administration and training
- As a Human Resources Business Partner, demonstrated proficiency in HR-related activities including staffing / workforce planning, employee relations / conflict resolution, performance management, succession planning, delivery of compensation plans, benefits administration, policy and procedures interpretation, and the management of the technical training initiatives
- Drove major recruitment initiatives using best practices including the utilization of fifth generation assessments and behavioral based interviewing to ensure skills and cultural match.
Case Study Book
Learn how we help clients succeed.
Download PDF »